Sunday, November 6, 2011

treasuring the daylight...


fall is turning to winter,
and with it many changes.

golden & red leaves are falling to the ground,

snow geese are covering the sky like a lacy blanket as I go on morning runs,

frost glistens on the grass,

0ur New Earth Farm, has started their 'winter share' with an abundance of potatoes, carrots, broccoli, and squash.

I now live in a lil' cabin in the woods, on the property of the Ekblads (TN directors while they are away in France).

the new location, is a refreshing change, such beauty, quietness...

...and a physical margin from 'work'.

A small fireplace provides my heat,

& I've enjoyed a couple sunsets, sitting on a log over the Skagit river with a book in hand.

At Tierra Nueva:
  • we initiated our 'new apprentices' at our Staff Retreat a couple of weeks ago. Art, Phyllis, and Curtis--each an amazing addition to our team with their energy, passion, and knowledge.
  • the new apprentices, myself, & 6 others attended a relapse prevention training called 'Genesis Process' on Oct 10-14th. The material is more than helpful, for us as a ministry as well as for each of us personally. It forced us to look at our own addictions, be it over-working, caffeine, anxiety, co-dependency, etc. It gave us tools to help people identify their relapse triggers & patterns, false beliefs that drive behaviors, and related listening prayer exercises that invite Jesus to bring healing and change to the deep wounds and false belief systems.
  • we are working on developing a 'women's program' involving the Genesis Training and their change group guide, potentially starting in January on Weds nights to coincide child care with the Bible Studies that are happening in the guy's apartment.
  • I made my first 'chaplain visit' to the jail this past Wednesday, to follow up with one of the ladies I've seen the past two Sundays in jail. I look forward to making more of these visits, now that I am done with my job with Skagit Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault services.
  • we're preparing for an 'all hand-made sale' at Tierra Nueva on Dec. 3rd!


No comments:

Post a Comment